Wednesday 9 May 2018

Hobby Update 09/05/18- Azrael, Grand Master of the Dark Angels

Today's Hobby Update features my completed Azrael, Grand Master of the Dark Angels and leader of my army. 

Despite it's age, I still think this is a great model for the Dark Angels army. He is a bit smaller than a regular Marine now, but his awesome rules more than make up for his short stature. I really enjoyed working on this model, it was a lot of fun to paint. 

With this being my Warlord model, I spent a bit more time on it. In particular, I tried to add a bit more detail to his face. I think this was reasonably successful. I was worried it would look a bit goofy, but I don't think it turned out too bad. 

















With my warlord completed, I only have one unit of Scouts left to finish before the tournament in a couple of weeks. This should be pretty easy to do in the remaining time. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice work. Nice to see more new paint on this old scuplt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, dude! Most of that model actually still holds up pretty well. You did a nice job with the face, but the sculpt on it is, unfortunately, the main exception there. He looks more like a vampire than a Space Marine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I always liked the Watcher in the Dark models, but what the hell are they?

    ReplyDelete