Sunday 18 June 2017

Hobby Sunday 18/06/17- Deathwatch Terminators and Genestealer Cult Neophytes

This week, I have been working on some Deathwatch Terminators, as well as finally making a start on some of my Genestealer Cults models. 

I managed to paint up two of my Terminators for the Deathwatch army; one standard Terminator and one with a Cyclone Missile Launcher. I was planning to get these done anyway in 7th edition, but after reading the new 8th edition rules I am glad that I have got them completed. 




















I am attending Caledonian Revolution in a couple of weeks. This will be an 8th edition tournament and I will most likely be taking my Deathwatch army. This will give me a couple of weeks to get some more units painted up and get to know the rules.

I also got started on some of my many, many Genestealer Cults units. I decided to test out the colour scheme on some of the Deathwatch Overkill Neophytes. I decided to paint them up using the Warhammer TV How to paint Neophytes video. 











I found these models a bit of a chore to start with, but once I started getting more colour on them, they were a bit better to paint up. I reckon I am about half way through them at the moment. I will probably try and batch paint them in units of 5, as 10 are a bit too much with all the details on the models. 

Also, here are a few bonus snaps of me picking up my copy of 8th edition at midnight on Friday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment