The first week of Squaduary is complete and my Deathwatch Veterans have been built.
I decided that I wanted to do a few little conversions/kit bashing for the squad. First up, we have some simple ones that mix the Deathwatch Veteran kit and Space Marine Tactical Squad. I have a Veteran Sergeant with an Auspex.
A couple of Veterans with combi-meltas and one with a Meltagun.
A Veteran with a grenade, and a few with Bolters.
I decided I wanted one Veteran with a Shotgun and Storm Shield (even though this wouldn't make sense with a pump-action shotgun, it still looks cool).
I cut the right hand off of the shotgun model. I thought this would be sufficient, but it didn't look that great, so I decided to do more. I cut the grip off of a Bolter and cut the grip out of the Shotgun.
I then glued them together to get a one-handed shotgun pose.
I then switched the arm of the shotgun with a Bolter arm, so that is was no longer being held across the body. Finally, the Marine was assembled.
I also managed to make a start on week 2 of the challenge, getting a cheeky undercoat done while the weather was decent at the weekend.
So there we have the complete squad assembled. Next week I will look at the edge highlighting for the models.