Sunday 12 February 2017

Hobby Sunday 12/02/17- Deathwatch Drop Pod and Dreadnought

This week, as well as my continuing efforts towards my Squaduary Veterans unit, I have also managed to get some work done on a third Drop Pod, as well as my Venerable Dreadnought. 

The Drop Pod is proving pretty easy to get through. Having painted two previously, I am getting reasonable efficient at the edge highlighting for the model. However, even though I've made 2 previously, it was still a pain in the ass to put the Drop Pod together.











I purchased the Venerable Dreadnought to allow me to field the Blackspear Strike Force for cheap if I wished to (cheaper than the Corvus Blackstar at least). This is a pretty nice kit. It supplies you with enough "shoulders" for the Dreadnought that you can make it with all three ranged weapons options without having to magnetise. I should hopefully get this undercoated soon and painted up soon too, I was planning on doing it this weekend, but the weather has been far too wet to do so. 


On Tuesday, I will be posting the next update for my progress on Squaduary, so be sure to check it out. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to see the dread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Though given the weather this weekend, it may be a long time before I get to undercoat it!

      Delete
    2. When it's not snowing it's raining. When it's not raining it's snowing. Sometimes both. Weather is to pick up during the week, so there's hope.

      Delete