Friday 13 January 2017

Hobby Update 13/01/17- Deathwatch Terminator

This week, I managed to finish off the Deathwatch Terminator from the Deathwatch Overkill boxed set. This model comes with a Heavy Flamer and a Power Fist with an Auxiliary Meltagun. This gives him some good option for tank hunting or going after infantry. 

In my games, I will use him as Garran Branatar, the Terminator from the Overkill rules. He costs the same as a Deathwatch Terminator armed with the same weapons, but gets a master-crafted Meltagun and Power Fist for free, as well as access to the Salamander Chapter Tactic special rules (FNP versus flamers and re-rolls to wound for his Heavy Flamer). My plan is to use him as a solo tank hunter or infantry hunter. The twin-linked Meltagun should help him hit any enemy tanks he goes after. He can also be used for Deep Striking onto enemy objectives.



Here as some work in progress shots, as well as the finished Terminator.

















8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan! Almost done with the army, just a handful of models left to go.

      Delete
  2. Great progress and good job on this one too, nice Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks nice. I am a fan of the progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rory. I should probably post the WIP shots in a separate post to garner more feedback as I am working on the models.

      Delete
  4. Great work on him and the WIP shots were fun to watch you progress on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I thought about putting the WIP pictures in another post, but I am getting through them quite quickly at the moment, so have a backlog of posts (I know, what a terrible problem for a blogger to have!).

      Delete