Sunday 22 January 2017

Hobby Sunday 22/01/17- Deathwatch Chaplain

As part of my continuing efforts to get my Deathwatch finished, I have now completed the Deathwatch Chaplain from the Overkill boxed set. 

I really like this model. He has a very angry facial expression, quite right for a Chaplain extolling the virtues of killing alien scum. Given the huge number of combat options available to the Deathwatch Veterans, he should come in very handy for giving me the Zealot re-rolls, as well as stopping the units from running. I still suck at painting faces, but other than that, I am pretty pleased with the result.



Here are some work in progress shots and the finished Chaplain.



















Whilst painting the Chaplain, I took the opportunity to finish off the face of my Biker.

4 comments:

  1. Great work on finishing him Mike, your blacks are looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mate, the face work is improving!

    I think what stands out for me on this one though is the scrolls, the shading seems to have fallen perfectly on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick. Yeah, the scrolls are a focal point for the figure, so I am glad they turned out ok.

      Delete