Monday 2 January 2017

Hobby Goals for 2017

Welcome to 2017! I hope everyone had a good break over the holiday period. With the New Year beginning, I thought I would take a look at what I hope to achieve in my hobbying for the coming months. 

1. Deathwatch Army
I have really been enjoying painting up my Deathwatch army. It has given me a chance to learn some new techniques and really focus on individual models in the squad. I have also been enjoying gaming with the army, giving me a new style of force to use from my regular armies.

I am currently planning to take the force to Dave's Birthday Bash, so will be working on getting 1500 points painted up by February, as well as getting some practice games played.



2. Genestealers Cult Army
2017 will see me beginning a new 40k army, the Genestealers Cult. This should provide some interesting painting options for me, as I have never painted purple before. It will also provide a very different way to play an army, with the Cult Ambush table playing a big role in the games.

3. New Articles
I want to get back to my Evolution of 40k series, looking at the different phases of the game and how they have changed since 2nd edition.

I also want to try writing some Tactica articles to share my thoughts on how I play my different armies. This will be starting with my White Scars force, going over what I think are the important choices in the army and how I use my units.

If there is any other content that you would like to see on the blog, let me know in the comments. I am also still interested in publishing any Guest Posts that readers/other bloggers may wish to contribute. Get in touch if you are interested in writing such a post.

4. Imperial Knight
This year, I will need to get my Imperial Knight painted up and use it in some games. I've faced the Superheavy Walker before, but never played it in a game.

5. Warhammer World
I also want to make my first visit to Warhammer World in 2017. Having never been before, I hope to meet up with some fellow gamers for some 40k on some fantastic gaming boards.

So those are my plans for the next year. What are some of your hobby goals that you wish to achieve?

12 comments:

  1. Warhammer World is so worth it! Do fork out the extra £7.50ish for the exhibition halls, its very worth it and eat lunch at Bugmans, big portions. Take a friend and book a table to battle on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll definitely organise a game with someone when I head there.

      Delete
  2. Got to agree that a trip to Warhammer World is well worth the time and money. Get yourself down to one of the event weekends. Great way to meet some great new players, and play some great games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to take a look at the upcoming events, see if there is anything of interest.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed all of the "better know a blogger" articles. I know there are only so many blogs, but have you thought about doing some part 2 articles with new questions? Could be fun, I know everyone is always working on new projects and stuff, so I'm sure there's plenty to discuss.

    Easy ones for discussion - people's favourite mini, personal best painted thing, favourite special character, books, thoughts on terrain. Well, I'm sure you could go on forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! A Better know a Blogger follow-up would be nice. Will see how much interest there would be in doing so.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great plan for 2017 and lots of models to get done! I need to an a vacation to the UK just so I can visit the fabled halls myself :-)
    I too enjoyed the BKaB series as it helped get to know more about each of the bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe. I've followed quite a few new blogs recently. Maybe I'll see if I can wrangle up a few more entries to the series.

      Delete
  5. Cult Cult Cult! I've watched Mini Wargamings batreps and man, they are MEAN! I'm sure you'l grow fond of them in no time!

    Me, I'll be playing a lot more of Infinity in 2017. I'm a bit in a lull 40K wise, even though I can't figure out why. Maybe it's simply been too much in the last 2 years, non-stop building and painting and selling and buying.

    But yeah, I'm looking Forward to your Cult batreps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all goes to plan, the Deathwatch army will be completed by the end of January. I plan to start on the Genestealers not long after that, so will probably get a few battle reports while I am painting them up.

      Delete
  6. I look forward to seeing your Genestealer Cult army grow. More Better Know a Blogger. A Pt 2 for BKaB can work.

    Plans for my new year? More Sylvaneth. Complete Badab War YEG (having difficulties with with two players meeting up, ugh). Try to bring my Grey Knights, Tyranids and Sisters close to completion (unless of course GW finally releases plastic Sisters). Terrain painting. I have to fit some Carcharodon love in sometime as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about getting the Genestealer Cult on the tabletop, not so excited about all the additional painting I will need to do!

      Looking forward to seeing your Sylvaneth, the army has been stunning so far.

      Delete