Wednesday 11 January 2017

Deathwatch army to date

As you may have seen in the Hobby Sunday posts, I have been making some great progress on painting up my Deathwatch army. I assembled the first Marines for this army back in late October of 2016. In the last two months, I have painted just over 1600 points worth of Deathwatch, which for me is a lot in such a short space of time. What is odd is that I don't feel I have been rushing through them. I have been taking my time over each unit and trying to sort out the individual details in each squad and trying new painting techniques, such as edge highlighting. It just so happens I've been able to get a lot done over Christmas and in the evenings. 

I thought I would take some photos of the army so far. I still have a few models to get painted before I can call the army complete, but I am confident that I will have the whole army painted by the end of February. Apologies for the darkness of some of the photos, it was a miserable weekend here in Newcastle, so the lack of natural light did not help much!











I have been making progress on the remaining models as well. This week's hobby updates should see the Deathwatch Terminator and Chaplain completed. Also, tune in tomorrow to see the army in action in this week's Battle Report. 

11 comments:

  1. Looking good Mike - stop tempting me to start another army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Nick, the Genestealer Cults are bound to keep you busy for a while!

      Delete
  2. That's pretty stellar progress dude, and they look good to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers NafNaf. It's no Danse Macabre, but I'm pretty proud of them ;)

      Delete
  3. Boom Mik(e) drop! What super speed mate :) and they look absolutely lovely, all that highlighting has made them really pop.

    Will they be visiting any tournaments soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. They will be making their tournament debut at Dave's Birthday Bash in February. Currently playtesting the 1500 pts army to see where improvements can be made.

      Delete
  4. You make me jealous... Such progress is all I can dream of... 😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. I think I'll take a wee break after they are done. I've got a ton of stuff for my Genestealer Cults to get started on, nothing like an awaiting horde army to kill your motivation!

      Delete
  5. Outstanding work Mike! Not just for the sheer volume of work you have completed, but they look fantastic as well. You need to do a Chapter tally to show us where they are all from! (looks for Mentor Legion badges...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I'll do a tally once I get the army completed :)

      Delete
    2. "once I get the army complete" Ha! I love the optimism of not justing adding 'one more squad' or 'oh that would be perfect in the army!' ;-)

      Delete