Sunday 31 December 2017

Hobby Sunday 31/12/17- Genestealer Cult Leman Russ WIP

This week, I have been working on a Leman Russ Battle Tank for my Genestealer Cults army. This should add some serious firepower to the Cult and allow them to punish the enemy army from afar. 

Hobby work has been a little sparse of late thanks to the weather. It's been a little cold and snowy to undercoat the models outside, but the warmer weather recently has allowed me to spray the Leman Russ. 

















I should hopefully get the rest of the tank painted up next week. I've decided to add a splash of colour to the tank in the form of hazard stripes. It is a bit drab with just the grey armour. I have not glued in any of the sponson weapons to allow me to switch them out. I was thinking about magnetising them, but there really isn't any need to do so as they slot in and out quite easily. 

6 comments:

  1. Great progress and well needed fire support, how many is too many? I have a few more spare Leman Russes I’m gonna turn....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one Russ so far. We'll see how it performs in the games before I start adding more to the cause.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff Mike, the Russ is a classic, and even looks cool as a gsc vehicle, if only they could do armoured companies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Russ is a beast in 8th edition! Such a great model too. Now they can fire twice a turn, I expect it to do a lot of work against my foe!

      Delete
  3. The basic Russ is a great tank, useful for just about everything. I don't know what gsc heavy support is like but the vanquisher is a good anti-armour\monster vehicle these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they can take the Vanquisher, don't have the index to hand. It's a powerful cannon!

      Delete